Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Road Rage

I can now almost understand the phenomena known as road rage. I almost caught it today. I was driving to work minding my own business and singing along with the radio when from a side street a guy in a Caddy blows through the stop sign (he didn't even slow down) and cuts me off. I have to slam on my brakes to keep from rear-ending him. I'm thinking to myself "this guy must be really late for an appointment or something" but I was wrong. As soon as he gets in front of me, he slows down to about 15 mph. I am a patient person but this was as much as I could stand but I figure what the heck, life goes on. So, I am following him at 15mph (the speed limit was 35) for a few miles until he decides to finally speed up.I start thinking "this is better" when all of a sudden he clamps on his breaks and starts to turn onto a side street. I hit the breaks to keep from smacking into him and just as he finishes making the turn, he signals. I guess it didn't occur to him that it is probably better to signal your intention to turn before you actually turn. But at least he was finally out of my way. I'm about a mile from work by this time , when it happens again! A guy takes a free right at the stoplight with me entering the intersection. At this point I wanted to force him off the road, jerk him out of his car, and explain politely that you should take a free right turn when there is NO traffic coming. But I didn't . I just got to work and yelled at the walls for a minute or two. It's no wonder that there is so much tension in the workplace today.

3 comments:

JessyTH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricardo Van Dam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricardo Van Dam said...

I guess people feel more powerful and bossy, when driving.
R. Van